Skip to main content

Unit Fractions- Engaging My Students

       Nearly everything I create I make with my students in mind. Last year when I taught third grade I felt like my instruction was seriously missing out on student engagement when it came to fractions. So, this year I made it my goal to get my students excited to learn about fractions! I made these puzzles to help my students identify unit fractions in addition to the correct way to say each fraction. Even though I know what my students mean when they say "one over two"  I 100% know my students will need to be familiar with the phrase "one half", not just for state testing but, for life in general. I hope that these can be as fun for your students as they were for mine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog! I'm still under construction so, there is not too much to see yet. It is a work in progress.  I am excited to finally be starting my first post! I've spent the last nine months trying to figure out how to be a good mom and a good teacher at the same time. While it was overwhelming at first I am getting back into my groove.... slowly.  This first post is going to be about me. I promise they will not all center around me. I am a new mom. Currently, my little boy, Jace, is almost 10 months old. He is my pride and joy.